Our Montessori Preschool program is designed for children 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years old(s), taught by our AMI Montessori teacher, Miss Sandy. She has been teaching this class for over 20 years. Our team of Montessori preschool teachers & aides will help with the total development of your child, emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially.
A typical preschool day consists of work and play. Play can be indoor/outdoor/or going to the park and is done early morning, before lunch and after afternoon snack.
Our preschoolers work everyday to build the following:
- Sounds, letters, letterbox, Phonetic words, flash cards, reading books
- Numbers with quantities up to 1000, decimal system, addition, subtraction
- Writing upper and lower case letters of the alphabet and numbers 1 – 1000
- Reading, phonetic reading, building words and sentences
- Spelling, word lists, word building
- Spanish – colors, numbers, shapes, animals, etc.
- Science – human body, animal and plant classifications, etc.
- Geography – countries, land formations, continents, oceans, states, flags
- People around the world, habitats and holiday celebrations
- Reading time and counting money
- Art – painting, collage, drawing, printing, molding, etc.
- Sign Language – basic signing, alphabet, numbers and songs
- Music and Dance
- Independence – we encourage self independence
- Social Skills – building relationships with other children and teachers
- Patience – we learn patience through many activities
- Concentration – is built in working with all Montessori activities
- Help them grow and become active explorers
So at the end of their preschool years they have mastered what they like to do and achieved what they need to know to proceed to kindergarten.
Work time is used for learning and exploring the different activities within the prepared environment which includes Exercise of Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Language, Writing, Science, Art, Story time, Music & Movement, Geography and Spanish.